Jump to Content  

MRCA parks offer a huge variety of beautiful locations as the setting for the people and moments in your life. Our parks welcome visitors and amateur photographers to document our natural beauty.

However, if you wish to arrange a photo or video session for special occasions, then you may need a Non-Commercial Photography Permit. Non-commercial photography includes staged engagement and wedding photos (if your wedding is held in an off-site location), family portraits, graduation and class pictures, student projects, and more. This permit does not apply to drone usage. UAVs are not permitted in any MRCA parks without a separate permit and adherence to additional guidelines.

As a general rule of thumb, even if you are not required to obtain a non-commercial photography permit, you should still review the guidelines in the permit to make your park experience safe and enjoyable for everyone.

If you are unsure whether you need a permit or not, please contact us. Otherwise, please complete the Permit Application Form and return it to the following park managers:

For all other MRCA locations, please send your application directly to KGRevents@mrca.ca.gov.