The Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority (MRCA) works to ensure that every program, service and activity is accessible to visitors of all abilities, including those with limitations. The MRCA strives to eliminate barriers that may prevent patrons with disabilities from accessing our facilities or participating in MRCA programs, services and activities.
Accessibility Contact Information
When requesting accommodations, please contact us at least three (3) days prior to the date these services/items are needed.
General Parks and Facilities
Ranger Services, (310) 456-7049
(310) 858-7272 X 225
Zagreb De La Torre, (323) 221-9944 x145
MRCA Governing Board Meetings
(310) 589-3230, x118
General Events Information
(323) 221-9944, x301
Los Angeles River Center & Gardens, Franklin Canyon Park, Vista Hermosa Park, and Marsh Park
(310) 858-7272 x180
King Gillette Ranch and Upper Las Virgenes Canyon Open Space Preserve
(818) 878-0866 x221
Temescal Gateway Park and Temescal Canyon Conference and Retreat Center
(310) 454-1395 x221
The following resources for website accessibility are available to interested parties and to visitors with vision impairments.
- LowBrowse (Firefox extension)
- Mercury Reader (Chrome extension)
- System Access To Go (Microsoft Internet Explorer)
- Web Accessibility Toolbar (Microsoft Internet Explorer)
- List of available screen readers (From Wikipedia)
- DAISY Consortium – Equal access to information and knowledge, regardless of disabilities.
- California’s Ability Tools Network – California Assistive Technology System
- The National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research – U.S. Department of Education
- LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Center for Accessible Technology [CAT]
Wikipedia on Web Accessibility
- Adobe Acrobat Reader – Accessibility Version – Free. Screen reader users and persons with low vision should also download the Adobe Reader update to use the “Read Out Loud” feature.
MRCA provides this list as a courtesy only.